It’s the last word on the mind of a young woman dealing with an unplanned pregnancy. She’s more likely to be focused on a series of what-if questions. What if my parents reject me because of this pregnancy? What if the father never helps? What if I never achieve the dreams I had before this?
But renewal is what we can offer her.
Madonna Renewal Center is a safe haven that offers hope and healing to women facing unplanned motherhood. These women have taken the first step of choosing life, we pledge to help them make the rest of the journey to a bright future. We provide for the immediate physical needs of our guests (food, clothing, shelter) and provide for their emotional needs with a supportive community.
Our program lasts 12 to 24 months and includes the mother and her child. Both reside here as the mother proceeds through a structured curriculum that builds character, faith and skills for independent living, employment and effective parenting. Each mother is also connected to appropriate agencies and opportunities that will help her achieve short-term and long term goals.
To participate, a mother must:
- Be 18 or older
- Be able to provide proof of pregnancy
- Be free from drugs and alcohol for a period of time
- Be willing to live in accordance with established rules
- Be committed to working toward self-improvement goals
- Not be fleeing a current domestic violence situation. Those who are will be referred to agencies that can help.